Ecomuseo delle Grigne a misura di bambino English version
Ecomuseo delle Grigne a misura di bambino is a project designed to boost and improve the services for the families in the territory of Esino Lario. The main purpose of the project is to make the whole area of the Ecomuseo delle Grigne more comfortable and perfectly fit for children's needs. New services can both improve inhabitants' lifestyle and empower tourism.
Which roads track the area of the Ecomuseo delle Grigne? Which paths do cross it? How do people travel and how they did it in the past? Where do they travel? Where do they stop? During 2009 and 2010 the Ecomuseo delle Grigne focuses its attention on the itineraries, which characterize their territory now, as they did once upon a time. In order to involve the whole community and to empower the economic and touristic chances, children and families represent the main focuses of the project.
Itineraries and paths fit for children starting from villa Clotilde - where the Centro di Documentazione, Informazione e Interpretazione dell'Ecomuseo delle Grigne is based - to create real and virtual, fantastic and entertaining, naturalistic and challenging routes, through roads and trading networks of the whole area of the Ecomuseo. This increases the value of material, immaterial and landscape heritage.
In 2010 the project purpose is to create communication tools, providing road signs and painted road markings, improving 5 itineraries and organizing activities for families. Inhabitants, firms, bars, restaurants and many voluntary groups of Esino Lario are involved and contribute to the project growth. The new Territorial action plan (PGT) is also a new chance to get families focused on the policies of the Municipality of Esino Lario far beyond 2010.
Activities in details
- Communication tools. Leaflets with information about activities and services and links to neighbouring municipalities events are provided. All the documents are available online and in a printable version. The artist and designer Antonio Scarponi has conceived the communication tools using a graphic design arranged on templates and downloadable from the Internet. The graphic templates represent, not only a communication tool for the Ecomuseo delle Grigne, but also something which can be freely used and customized by everyone.
- Road signs and painted road markings. Territorial signs get improved in order to get better road conditions for pedestrians, better tracks for buggies and to highlight spots offering services to families. In particular, a map for the community is provided by architect and city planner Matteo Ghidoni in order to improve road conditions for pedestrians, while walks fit for children and for people, according to different age groups, are pointed out by CAI (Club Alpino Italiano).
- 5 itineraries. 5 itineraries are improved with communication tools suggesting activities to make paths more challenging for children and for people taking care of them: fairy-tales, information about flora and fauna, hints for five senses experiences and documents describing the historical and cultural context of the area. In particular, on of the five itineraries is provided by the audioguide, an artwork downloadable on mobile phones.
- Activities for families. A workshop on child psychomotility offers new teaching tools to teachers and parents. Esino 2000, voluntary and recreational groups of Esino Lario and Maurizio Fusina (expert in children activities based on recycled materials, consultant for MUBA and the Triennale of Milan) experiment new creative games during the summer and winter events of the associations.
- Basic services. Improvement of the basic services for the families: baby-changing tables, baby bottles warmers, sterilizers, children menu (for lunch, dinner, breakfast and snack), reduced prices and wifi in the municipal library of Villa Clotilde.
- Territorial action plan. Parents and families are involved in groups discussing the planning of the area.
The project "Ecomuseo delle Grigne a misura di bambino" is promoted by Ecomuseo delle Grigne under the supervision of Associazione Amici del Museo delle Grigne Onlus, which administrates the Ecomuseo delle Grigne.
It is in collaboration with Esino Lario City Council.
The project Ecomuseo delle Grigne a misura di bambino was awarded the FamigliaLavoro 2010 Prize created and promoted by Regione Lombardia and ALTIS - Alta Scuola Impresa e Società, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano.